Click on the card to see the definition. Six cards are generated each time in a random order. Refresh page (F5 on PC) to load six new cards.
- GembutsuJapanese word meaning 'real thing'. It is one of the components of the 'Three Reals' meaning go to the real place (gemba) to see the real thing (gembutsu) and collect the real facts (genjitsu).
- MuraInconsistency or excess variation in either processes or demand.
- KaikakuRevolutionary change. Where kaizen is generally evolutionary in nature, kaikaku requires radical shifts in thinking.
- MuriIt means unreasonableness or overexertion.
- AndonA type of visual control that displays the current state of work (i.e., abnormal conditions, work instructions, and job progress information).
- Genchi GenbutsuMeans go and see for yourself. Go see the problem.